DME’s EZ-LATCH is the first truly universal external latch lock system. Most locks on the market are designed only for specific applications and require additional machining before they are ready for use making it difficult to select the right latch lock to correctly sequence the plates. The DME EZ-LATCH Lock, with its modular capabilities, addresses this limitation and, through its patented mechanical design provides safer and longer lasting performance.
The DME EZ-LATCH Lock is the easy solution for all plate control application including 3 plate molds, 2-stage ejection, early plate return, both stationary “cavity” and moving “core” side ejection (in place of high cost hydraulic cylinders).
Unlike any other lock on the market, the DME EZ-LATCH Lock incorporates a positive mechanical lock avoiding the use of springs and/or friction devices a common source of product failure and even the occasional crashing of the tool. This safer solution provides a more consistent lock every cycle making it the preferred solution for mass production.
Designed For Ease of Installation
Its standard design makes it easy to install straight out of the box.
- Ideal for molds with floating plates, including stripper plates & 3-plate molds
- Floating plates are positively locked mechanically in place during mold opening and closing, preventing potential mold damage
- Reliable long-life performance through its unique design and use of nitride diffused material, avoiding coatings that can wear off during use
- Allows faster cycle times due to mechanical action vs latch locks that rely on springs or friction to lock plates
- Simplifies mold design while improving design flexibility
- Designed and engineered to hold large loads while saving space inside the mold
- Optional long latch bar for greater stroke
There’s a reason DME has added its new external latch locks to its EZ line of products:
- EZ – to install
- EZ – to sequence (time) plates
- EZ – to use on thin plates
- EZ – used for all plate control needs
- EZ – to disassemble & maintain
- Does not use springs, stripper/shoulder bolts or friction components
- Pre-drilled Extended Latch Bar
- 2-Piece Latch Bar Adapter
- Built in Delay
FOR BOTTOM LAST 2 STAGE EJECTOR
3-PLATE MOLD CONTROL
Bottom Last Sequence
Top Last Sequence
FOR EJECTOR (BOTH FIX SIDE AND MOVING SIDE)
Latch bar attaches to B plate with body attached to clamp plate creates delayed ejection.
Terms of Sale
Hot Runner Service & Repair
Controller Repair & Calibration
Mold Flow Services
Barrel Repair & Resleeving